I'm not familiar with the Geolocation API. Could you post a sample request
and response message (or JSON objects) for this scenario.

No you do not need to start from WSDL. you could use Java code if you wanna
use plain Axis2 or you could alternatively use the WSO2 Mashup Server [1]
and write your service using JavaScript.

Thanks,
Keith.

[1] http://wso2.org/projects/mashup