List:     axis-user
Subject:  [Fwd: RE: Strange bug: Axis in Tomcat 4.0.4 and .NET]
From:     Sam Ruby <rubys () apache ! org>
Date:     2002-07-03 2:34:20
[Download message RAW]

I've verified this change of behavior between Tomcat 4.0.3 and Tomcat
4.0.4, and Barry Levinson has tracked down the probable cause.

Despite the omission of the port in Host request headers by Microsoft
.Net software (VS.NET and WSDL.EXE), Tomcat 4.0.3 was able to properly
determine the port in calls to HTTPUtils.getRequestURL, Tomcat 4.0.4
defaults it.

Suggestions?  Why can't Tomcat simply use socket.getPort()?