If you have an attribute in the wrapper element definition, Axis should
generate a document style service, not a wrapped style service.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Greif [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2004 10:09 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: The Attributes and the UN-"wrapper" style

A speculation (I'm not an expert):

If you have
   <wrapper someatt="somevalue">
        <part1>...</part1>
         <part2>...</part2>
    </wrapper>
being converted to a method call on the server:
     ServiceClass.someMethod(part1, part2)
the attributes are lost.  There is no way in wsdl to specify "parts" which
correspond to attributes in wsdl.

As for using attributes in the non-wrapped implementation, in the wsdl, you
cannot tell whether a document style service will be implemented as the
wrapped form or the someMethod(wrapper) form, so the client would not be
able to tell whether the attributes would be lost in the server or not.  The
implementation should be able to change transparently between the two forms
without affecting the abstract description or the client.

Jeff