On Monday 18 October 2004 20:52, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:
> You could probably write Serialize/Deserializer yourself for the
> ResultSet object.

That's what I intend to do. I already have the code to convert a
ResultSet to XML. Now it would be very helpful to have an example that
shows how to wrap this in a serializer and register it with Axis. I
think there's something like that in the samples. Presumably, I have to
implement a Serializer and register it in deploy.wsdd.

Still, what I haven't noticed is a way to customize deserialization in
the web service client app. In general it is very helpful that
wsdl2java generates classes for the client-side. But in this particular
case I already have (mostly) suitable business classes in the client
and I would like to bind the return value from the WS call to instances
of these classes.

My situation is that I'm trying to split an app into two parts where one
part offers access to read-only reference data through a web service,
which the other part uses. The point of this is that the data in the
future may come from another service. Anyway, no matter where the data
comes from, in the client app I want to deal with it in terms of my own
business objects.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                         Those people who smile a lot
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                             Watch the eyes