Hello,

We are trying to work with our web service, which is published as RPC-Literal. In all the simple cases, it is working very fine. But in some of the cases, we are facing problems; like:

a). If an operation has a parameter with a schema like 'A user defined type having a array of User defined type'; we are getting server side exception. Stating that 'invalid element with class named - item'.

For example, schema is:
Person
    name (String)
    addresses (array of Address)
        hno (int)
        street (String)

With it, we are getting exception that 'Invalid element with class Address - Item'.

We have given the mappings for person, address and even also tried with mapping for address array. But it seems that Axis Server is not picking up typeMappings for the array, in RPC literal case. With RPC-Encoded, it is working fine.
Besides it, BeanDeserializer class is picking up array's component type for finding out the deserializer for addresses.

b). If any of the operation's return type is an array of primitives, then with RPC-encoded service we need not to specify any mapping on client side. But RPC-Literal seems to be demanding for a mapping even for premitives array on client side.
Error message is something like 'No mapping found for Array_of_tns_int'.

Any reply in this regard will be a great help for us.

Thanks,
Mohit Gupta.

Do you Yahoo!?
Meet the all-new My Yahoo! – Try it today!