I'm using Axis version 1.2RC2 (binary package) and have web services
working on Tomcat 4.1.  I've successfully deployed the pre-built
MessageService sample and have the SOAPMonitor monitoring that
service.  I'm trying to right now figure out how to modify the elems
parameter which is an array of type Element.  Basically, I'm just
trying to do a simple thing of setting an element's name (like
elems[0] ) to something like "foo" using the inherited setName method.
 I've tried using the syntax of:

elems[0].setName("foo");

but I keep getting compile errors.  What would be the correct way to
manipulate an element of an array of type Element?

The service I'm trying to modify is in $AXIS_HOME/samples/message.
Does anyone know if it would be okay to post the source code in case
it is requested?

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Vincent Jong