I specified “document” in WSDL and Axis translated that to “Wrapped”. I see that it lets empty method names only in “document” style encoding.

Thanks,

Vishu

From: Bill Keese [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 10:31 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Axis and .Net client

It depends what binding style and encoding your AXIS server is running with.  If it's in rpc/encoded or wrapped/literal it's expecting at least the method name inside the soap body.

<soap:Body>
   <myMethod/>
</soap:Body>

The default for AXIS is RPC/Encoded.

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-whichwsdl/

Vishu wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to invoke a webservice running on Axis from a .Net client. The method doesn’t take any arguments (empty). The .Net client sends a message that looks like the following

<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><soap:Body /></soap:Envelope>

Axis complains with “java.lang.Exception: Body not found” Any ideas?

Thanks,

Vishu