Hi,

I have some problems using a proxy to access a web service on my server. I set the proxy host and port using the -D arguments, like this:

java -Dhttp.proxyHost=proxy.domain -Dhttp.proxyPort=3128

When running the client program the proxy (I think it's a Squid proxy) is contacted but it returns a HTTP 400 error: "The requested URL could not be retrieved. Some aspect of the requested URL is incorrect". I used tcpdump and ethereal to spy on the connection and this is the POST request header sent from the client to the proxy:

[the service resides at http://www.example.com/axis/services/InstanceService]

POST /axis/services/InstanceService HTTP/1.0 Host: www.example.com [...]

Is this even correct? Shouldn't it be something like:

POST http://www.example.com/axis/services/InstanceService HTTP/1.0

I wrote a small test program using HttpURLConnection to retrieve a file and set the proxy settings the same way and it worked.

So, anybody know where the problem is?

Thanks in advance!

guenter