On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 12:40 PM, I wrote:
> I'm trying to convert the AxKit::XSP::WebUtils taglib to AxKit2,
> partly because it is used by several of my web apps, partly because
> it's a good exercise in AxKit2. However, to do this I need my taglib
> functions to have access to the current client object. Like Matt and
> Lars were discussing here:
>  http://www.mail-archive.com/axkit-users@axkit.org/msg06049.html
> but I am a bit at a loss how to use the 'nasty global hack'. Any ideas?

I've managed to find a rather nasty hack to solve this problem. In
lib/AxKit2/XSP/TaglibHelper.pm I've changed line 436 from

              . func_name($funspec) . "(";

              . func_name($funspec) . "(\$self->client,";

which makes every taglib function be called with an extra (mandatory,
first) argument which contains the client object. It works --at least
it does for my own version of AxKit::XSP::WebUtils--, but of course
the hack is pretty nasty, if only because I have to change all taglib
functions. I will really try to find a neater solution, but thought
I'd share this for the time being.

Martijn.