On Jul 3, 2008, at 17:38 , [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I have a process the user starts and it will generate some files. I was wondering if it was possible to send each of the files in turn to the browser. I presume something like Apaches send_fd (which I've never used, so could be totally wrong).

My other option would be to create links to each of the files and make the user do a "save as" on each link. This sounds easiest, but the first method has piqued my curiousity.

One (possibly the easiest) solution could be to make a zip file on the server and redirect to that. I don't think send_fd would work serially, the browser will either close the connection when the first file is done, or put everything in the same file (depending on Content- Length I'd assume).

There may be a trick with sending several files in a single MIME envelope but I would be wary of the interoperability of such an option.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/