HI Rob,

Yes, I know Australia's language is English. It's the your accent that I
don't have much familiarity with. I have enough experience with the
Portuguese accent to figure it out, especially in various regions of
America (because I live in America). But the Portuguese accent with yours
is what I am unsure of. Osiama or whatever is not a Portuguese name. The
name is corrupted. It may be Ignacia or one of the other names. Either way,
I think it's just a 2nd name and not a surname so they may not be related.
They could be, but I would research as if they are not.
Good luck!
Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada