Hi Denis,

The Babel neighbour sensing mechanism is exactly as you describe: if
a given IP address hasn't sent you a Hello, it doesn't exist, and all
packets from it are silently dropped until it sends a Hello.  This is by
design.

You are correct that an IHU does not carry explicit information about
individual hellos, but just a single integer that summarises the link
quality.  That's by design, and that's the reason why IHU is called IHU,
not Ack.

I haven't been able to understand the attack that you outline just from
looking at the slides, so I suggest we discuss it after you've done your
presentation.

-- Juliusz