On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 6:44 PM, Juliusz Chroboczek <j...@irif.fr> wrote:
>> R1(AP mode) -----------> R2( Station mode)
>
> All of your routes are single-hop, so there's no diversity information
> being propagated.  You'll need some longer routes in order to see anything..
>
>> The channel information remains as 11 and 36 for station mode but ap
>> mode it is 255. Whether it is expecting behavior ?
>
> Yes, it's a known issue -- babeld doesn't know how to detect the channel
> in AP mode (we need to switch to a newer API in order to do that).  In the
> meantime, you can configure the channel number manually:
>
>   interface wlan0 channel 42
>
> (with the correct value for 42, of course).

Beware also that babel does not support all "recent" channel configurations:

https://wiki.freifunk.net/ideas

"Making diversity routing work better
In the absence of explicit diversity routing information supplied by
the protocol, the z3 algorithm assumes that a given route is
interfering, even if the interface over which a route is learned is
obviously not (usbnet), or probably not (ethernet).

Diversity routing also does not take into account (presently) the
number of ways channels can be combined in the various wifi standards.
HT20 covers 4 channels, HT40, 8, HT80, up to 2 sets of 4 channels, and
so on.

Tasks will be to:

Add support for HT20, HT40, and HT80 channels.
Add support for the ethernet/usbnet case."

Best,

--
Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-3500762