Hi! I am a new member to this group.

I have played my cello for 5 years and have done/am doing the following: taking private lessons....cello choir....community college ensemble....church orchestra.....and my favorite - family gigs. (Our chldren play piano, harp, and cello.)

I sprung for our cello choir and bought Knilling's Perfection Pegs. Then everyone couldn't afford them and it's too late to return them. So I have 4 sets of these left that are brand new in their original packaging.

I personally love mine!!!! I have had no more broken strings. Tuning is a snap and it stays in tune! I love not having fine tuners. I love having pegs that no longer stick or slip! Below is a description of them.

PERFECTIONâ planetary geared cello pegs
Revolutionary Perfectionâ Planetary Pegs resemble standard pegs, but feature a patented, internal epicyclically geared, fine-tuning mechanism, which offers many exciting advantages for string players of all ages. Perfection Pegs allow for effortless, precision tuning for young beginners so they can learn to tune at an earlier age; educators can easily and quickly tune instruments in class; players no longer need heavy metal fine tuners installed on the tailpiece; and, Perfectionâ Pegs solves tuning difficulties for older players with arthritis and/or weak hands.

The 4:1 gear ratio ensures precise, controlled tuning, and eliminates slippage and sticking; strings will not spontaneously slip out of tune or jam, regardless of environment or handling.

Safe for the instrument, Perfectionâ Pegs incorporate advanced engineering and materials, including 8650 thru-hardened steel gear assembly, sealed against dust and dirt for maintenance-free function, with Nyogel microscope damping lubricant for ultra-smooth, long-term performance.

Eliminates the need to periodically replace worn pegs or re-bush peg holes.

Standard peg installation; means no specialized tools needed; no screws or oversized holes to weaken the peg box.

Over a decade of research and development, and extensively field tested to ensure reliable performance and long life. Made in USA.

Here is another description: PegHeds are the other name for Perfection Pegs.

A patented planetary gear system gives PEGHEDSâ their legendary smoothness and precision.

PEGHEDSâ 4:1 gear reduction allows strings to be tuned more easily and accurately than traditional wood pegs (or Caspari-type mechanisms which require screw drivers or special keys). Tune confidently and securely with the left hand while playing open strings with the bow; even during performance!

PEGHEDSâ return the fine-tuning function to pegs. Strings slide more freely over the smooth, wide nut than over the comparatively sharp edge of the bridge, where stress is concentrated and equilibrium of tension on either side is more difficult to achieve.

PEGHEDSâ gear reduction prevents sudden and repeated wrenching of pegs by novices. Strings have longer lives in the hands of young students. Bumps and shocks sustained during transport will not cause complete loss of string tension which results in fallen sound posts, broken strings, and unnecessary trips to the music store.

PEGHEDSâ eliminate the need for fine tuners; consequently, there are fewer parts to rattle and buzz. In fact, Pegheds have fewer parts than any other type peg used with long-arm string adjusters.

PEGHEDSâ eliminate the unnecessary weight, mass, and muting effects of metal tuners and metal tailpieces.

PEGHEDSâ have a brake mechanism with variable friction. Push in to increase resistance, pull out to decrease; exactly like a traditional wood peg.

PEGHEDSâ install in the scroll in a similar manner as traditional wood pegs, using a standard reamer. There are no disfiguring holes to drill. No screws are required for installation.

PEGHEDSâ can be removed easily and traditional pegs fitted in their place, if desired (Of the 400+ sets installed in Columbia, SC, NO ONE one has asked to return to traditional wood pegs.)

U.S. Patent No. 5,998,713

When I bought these they were $159. (At a music conference in Knilling rep said the price increased to $179). Regardless, I don't need 5 extra sets so I will sell each set for only $100 plus $5 for shipping and I will accept PayPal or personal check. These are for 4/4 size cellos.

Kathy Motto
PO Box 639
Glenpool, OK 74033
918-291-2111
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Dear Bach on violin & cello enthusiast.  Please take a moment to review this message.

This M-list will provide a vehicle and forum for all those who love the music of J.S.Bach on the violin and cello; to discuss all aspects of technique, transcription, and Bach related topics.

Please bear in mind, there is no intention to play moderator on personal views on the subject, one will only take exceptions where one feels an individual is being unnecessarily aggressive and abusive to other members on the group, and hampering debate. I hope this will be rare.  ;-)  Please respect the views of others even if you might not agree with them.

This mailing list is YOUR mailing list, and I hope you will see it as being an opportunity to learn more about this wonderful composer and the instrument(s) we love playing Bach's music on.  I certainly look forward to learning about Bach's timeless music too!

Once again I thank you for joining and look forward to reading some interesting topics and debates.

Sincerely,

Michael Stitt
Lutenist
http://bachplucked.com/lutenist/