At 15:16 +0100 14/6/06, Kim Plowright wrote:
Quick general recap - sorry, have only just managed to dip in to the
list again,

- yep - people here are aware of the accessibility requirements under
the DDA, and there's been some excellent internal training and awareness
run which covered learning disabilities along with more the standard
visual impairment issues.

- http://www.peepo.co.uk/mybbc/index.html is an excellent exemplar of
reworking of content, thanks. I'll pimp it round a few people here, if
that's OK?

[...]

I like it: looks circa 1993 or 1994 weblike.

- Random bonus link:
http://www.webcredible.co.uk/user-friendly-resources/web-accessibility/u
k-website-legal-requirements.shtml Good on what the DDA means for sites.

I have made the URL more accessible:-)

http://tinyurl.co.uk/boqf

Can I add

http://www.mrswebsolutions.com/web-design-company-accessibility.php

and tangentially

http://www.jimfitzpatrickmp.co.uk/access.htm

(a website for a local MP).

- Might it be a plan to put the call to action around WGAC guidelines up
on the web and gather responses there? I'm sure various of us here would
happily point people at it? None of the BBC staff on the list can vouch
officially on behalf of the organisation as a whole on this, sadly. We
don't have the right hats.

- in all of these things... Remember the BBC speed rule. Change doesn't
always happen quickly; and that's not for want of people inside the
organisation that do care and 'get it'.

You said it!

Welcome to the Club.

Gordo