On Jan 8, 2008 3:16 PM, neil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Questions include: Is this intuitive? Does the data shift as you might
> expect? Are two sliders too complex? Is a slider appropriate here, or should
> something else be used? Is the sorting algorithm right? What should we do
> about duplicate entries?

A little bit of feedback from my previous team (with their permission):

There were nice sliders on some of the pages on Virgin Radio's website (on
http://www.virginradio.co.uk/vip/lounge/ , which you need to be logged in
for) - allowing you to see something akin to Facebook's river of news, but
enable you to tweak it. Similar to this, in fact.

All usage of these sliders were logged (my team logged everything, I made a
point of it). After monitoring it, only 2% of people actually ever bothered
to use them. They've since been removed.

So: very pretty and all, but I'm not sure they'll be used. Please go ahead
and prove me wrong! :)

--
http://james.cridland.net | http://www.mediauk.com

Media UK is a Not At All Bad Ltd production.
http://notatallbad.ltd.uk/legal_info