Hi Jonathan,

I'd just like to correct your statement that these jobs were only
available to internal candidates, in fact they were open to anybody and
that is why I circulated details of them to the BBC Backstage list.

There was a slight mix-up on the day they appeared, as the BBC Jobs team
inadvertently forgot to flag them as externally visible. Some list
members kindly made me aware of this, and the problem was fixed on the
same day.

Unfortunately the closing date for applications has now passed, so the
posts are no longer on the BBC Jobs site, or in Ariel. However, new jobs
are often posted in the same area, so keep an eye on it if you are
interested.

Furthermore, I must address your implication of unfairness in our
recruitment strategy, specifically the favouring of 'friends' over other
candidates. This is absolutely not the case, we follow a rigorous fair
selection process when hiring all of our staff, and this was no
exception.

I hope this has cleared up any misunderstanding that may have occurred,
and I apologise if I was not clear in any of my previous emails about
this matter.

All the best,
Stephen Elson

Client-Side Development Team Leader