At 14:04 +0000 9/11/05, Andrew Bowden wrote:
Betsie is a bull in a sledgehammer/nut approach to accessibility from a
time when that was the only way to crack the nut.  Now, someone has
invented the nutcracker.

Of course not everyone yet has a nutcracker so we still need the
sledgehammer, but it's role is increasing.

What Betsie does - specifically its rearranging of navigation to be at
the bottom - was necessary for the time, but that rearrangement can be
done within the HTML very easily (that's how I build my own webpages -
so when you turn off CSS, content at the top, navigation at the bottom).

Conversion of colours etc, is even easier with CSS.  These things can be
automatically built into a page without needing standalone parsers.

All true...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/betsie

Better close that down first then?

Gordo