The developer key system was a slight problem, though - there have been real problems getting the system set up on the BBC infrastructure. I'm not sure what the problems have been, I'm sorry, but I do know that the BBC boxen are somewhat eccentric and difficult to work with, and probably wanted the code in BBC 32K BASIC on punch cards or something. So that's where we are.

Do mean API keys like those available for FLICKR, Google and the rest?

http://hollobit-swicki.eurekster.com/Open+API/

Gordo