For those following the  DRM/Player thread on this list will want to
know that the BBC Trust this morning "reached provisional conclusions on
BBC on-demand proposals".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/news/press-releases/31-01-2007.html

The headline is that

"Our (BBC Trust) view is that the BBC's new on-demand services are
likely to deliver significant public value, and should be allowed to
proceed, but subject to certain conditions in order to reduce the
potential negative market impact."

The conditions (length of window, series stacking, platform
availability) are outlined in the press release.

There now follows a consultation period and the Trust is actively
"inviting feedback from the public, the commercial sector and the BBC
management team on our provisional conclusions.  It is an open
consultation, with access to the supporting evidence we have considered
in reaching our judgement. We look forward to receiving and considering
all responses in coming to a final decision before 2 May 2007."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/consult/open-consultations/ondemand_servic
es.html

My colleagues will be responding officially later today so look out for
further announcements/responses around this.

Jem