Gordon Joly wrote:
The BBC decided not to celebrate "70 years of television" that started at Alexandra Palace in 1936 that is in 2006.

Or did I miss something?

The "face-sucking-alien that used Alexandra Palace" episode of
'Doctor Who', shown last summer?  (Although I would understand
if you'd blotted that one out, as it wasn't exactly the zenith
of writing for the new series.)

I'm sure it was no more of a coincidence that we had an Ally Pally
episode in 2006 than that the two-part episode about Satan
was broadcast on days that straddled the date 6/6/6.
--
Frank Wales [EMAIL PROTECTED]