On 26/02/07, Peter Bowyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 26/02/07, vijay chopra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 26/02/07, Jason Cartwright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, however if you are using other people's server juice and
bandwidth
> > then you should pay for it on their terms. Not a big ask. If the
banner
> > or whatever payment terms they have annoys you, then don't go back.
>
> If you don't want me to look at your site, on my terms, don't put it on
> public network; otherwise I'll do what I like with what you serve me,
> including not taking content (aka adverts)on my PC

Perhaps you'd care to publish a list of the IP addresses you're likely
to use a web site from, in order that the owners can comply with your
requirements, then. I'd be glad too, for one.

--
Peter Bowyer

What's that supposed to mean? You're either publishing your content (in
whatever format) on a public network or not. Making an exception for a
specific person or group of people doesn't make it any less public. If you
don't want your users to do with it what they like (i.e. not look at your
adverts) don't host it on a public network, host it privately or on a VPN
and make the terms of viewing it that people have to watch the ads (not that
that will stop people, as already mentioned they'll just download the ads
then hide them).

Vijay.