I'm waiting for something like Python for Mobile Devices - a truly
cross-platform language which would allow programmes to go mad. .Net CF is
the closest WinMo users can get to that kind of thing at the moment, and
while the party is fun for us WM5/6 users Symbian users have their own
little party.

I'd like to bring the parties together, make a super party with Wiis and
free beer and stuff, that'd be nice. Why we've co-existed with this virtual
OS fence for so long in the mobile arena is beyond me, it's so annoying and
frustrating from a user standpoint.

I know you can make apps into Midlets, but they're just not quite the same
(different phone, different manufacturer, different implementation of Java,
different features supported).

I initially had some "oo, aah factor" infection but my immune system quickly
fought back, and I'm back to my senses. Having been treated awfully as an O2
customer between September 2005 and September 2006, I jumped ship to
T-Mobile and I've not looked back since. No matter how good the handset was,
I wouldn't go back to O2, it's just not worth the aggro and frustration down
the line. And it continues to bemuse me just how dumbfoundingly obvious some
of the iPhone's shortcomings are... No MMS?! And not even HSDPA support,
urgh. It's form over function as usual with Apple, I'll stick with my
slightly chunkier, nearly as pretty and far more functional Vario 2 :D

iPhones. Hah. Give it 12/18 months (MAX), the next latest and greatest
gadget will come along and it'll be more like byePhone. I'm already liking
the look of the new Vodafone-carried Samsung F700 which is coming out soon,
that thing looks hot.