We interrupt the recursive argument-passing routine to bring you an
increasingly unexpected technical tip.

> So even though Gnash can play YouTube in my browser, I still use
> http://www.arrakis.es/~rggi3/youtube-dl/ to watch youtube.

Cool.

I almost never stream video in the browser, because

'...buffering...'

really annoys me.  My attention span is already clinically short,
and ...hey look, donuts!  Hee, hee!  Donuts. They're round.

What?  Oh, right.  Downloading Flash, gotcha.

Rather than using a script, I use a Firefox plug-in that knows how
to download Flash video from loads of sites, using the standard browser
download mechanism (so I get little progress blobs at the bottom of my
browser while I continue to surf for donuts).

  http://www.downloadhelper.net/

I find it particularly useful for snarfing technical presentations
from Google video and Yahoo! YUI! Theater! for later playback on
my shiny video iPod bauble, thus allowing the computers to be
used for more computery purposes, such as accountancy, or sending out
advertisements for international criminal syndicates, or something.
--
Frank Wales [EMAIL PROTECTED]