Brian Butterworth wrote:
> On 09/11/2007, *Dave Crossland* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL
> PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>     On 09/11/2007, Brian Butterworth <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL
> PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>     > - an alternative electronic programme guide
>
>     By "alternative," do you mean "user-generated," so when there's some
>     low quality programming people can , ahem, express their opinions?
>
> I guess that would depend upon if the system has a return path - like an
> ethernet connection!

Actually, I wondered whether you were suggesting, say, a satellite/
Interweb mash-up of some kind, where the Freesat box's MHEG engine
could incorporate data from somewhere other than the satellite, and
had the programmability to be able to embed, or otherwise render, the
secondary data into the display.

So, for example, in the EPG, you could ask to have rottentomato.com
votes for upcoming movies incorporated, which would require the
box to be able to: a) grab those ratings, and b) correlate them
with the EPG entries without c) the EPG interface becoming ludicrous.

Even usefuller would be the ability to grab personalized gubbins
from sites based on your very own ID, so that your have your
mates' insane opinions show up, with hilarious consequences.
--
Frank Wales [EMAIL PROTECTED]