It does work on my Ubuntu. Adobe Flash Player 9

----- Original Message ----
From: Andy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2007 12:16:23 PM
Subject: Re: [backstage] flash streaming version of iplayer is live

Nice to see the BBC have made sure that it doesn't run on Linux, or at
least it doesn't run on this version. I get a nice blank grey screen.

And a mouse hand with no indication of what it does.
Clicking it informs me I have to enter into a legally binding
 contract[1].
A contract that states if I want to use a tablet I have to also buy
Windows XP. (it lists a specific version I must have).
How is it in the least bit cross platform if I have to enter into a
contract that says I have to use WindowsXP?
It also states the software can only be used on a PC, so what are Mac
users meant to do? (aside from breach contract).

This is a complete sham. With the contract for the software needed to
access the content it works on very few platforms. And oddly it won't
work on other implementations of Flash.

How about using a non-Windows streaming solution? Or is the plan to
try and trick the Trust into believing that software that states PC
only, and Tablet PCs must run WinXP is cross platform?

[1] http://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/players/flash/

Andy

--
Computers are like air conditioners.  Both stop working, if you open
 windows.