From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Richard P Edwards
Sent: Thu 5/8/2008 1:45 PM
To: backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk
Subject: Re: [backstage] Stephen Fry: "There is this marvellous idea the
iPlayer is secure. It's anything but secure"

I agree with Mr Fry's position.... and furthermore, I think that it
is important, as is my own case, to understand that there are many
rights-holders who fear all of this..... and the result is that they
cannot see a high quality/secure way to release their work for
financial reward. Therefore the speed of cultural development has
suffered since the mid 90's, across both TV and Radio..... and a lot
of supporting industries.
If the BBC were to connect the two it would be wonderful, even a new
secure codec would help.....
I am still not certain about Dave Crossland's model either...... and
as a result it is very frustrating to try to professionally consider
why I should work so hard when the rules of distribution are clearly
so uncertain at present.
RichE