        From: owner-backst...@lists.bbc.co.uk
[mailto:owner-backst...@lists.bbc.co.uk] On Behalf Of Jamie Tetlow
        Sent: 23 February 2009 09:31
        To: backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk
        Subject: Re: [backstage] User story: finding a radio show

        Nice story Tom! I love these little tales... shame Mother = fail :-(

        Good to see that some of the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle (including BBC
Search, with it's recentness/keyword weighting) are starting to come together.

        Not sure if there's any intention to build a 'fuzzy' programme finder
round these parts but in /programmes we're certainly working on making it more
browsable so that the 'language' scenario will be easier to find. If you tie
this with Radio 4 looking to integrate /programmes more closely with their
website in the coming months, although quite a radical departure, all change
for the good. (having said all that trying to parse such an information rich
space as Radio 4 will always be a bit of a challenge)

        If we continue to make more and more data available in the way we are
then i'd hope, that if the need is great enough, someone else will build a
'fuzzy' search before we do ;-)

        cheers,

        Jamie.
        Jamie Tetlow
        Designer

        BBC Future Media & Technology for Audio & Music Interactive

        Working on:
        DynPub & APS
        - Dynamic Publishing
        - Automated Programme Support