        From: owner-backst...@lists.bbc.co.uk
[mailto:owner-backst...@lists.bbc.co.uk] On Behalf Of Barry Carlyon
        Sent: 21 January 2010 14:26
        To: backstage@lists.bbc.co.uk
        Subject: Re: [backstage] Youtube rolls out Html5 <video> support

        Have they actually finished writing the HTML5 Spec yet?

        On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Brendan Quinn
<brendan.qu...@bbc.co.uk> wrote:

                The second one obviously depends on SVG (the name is a bit of a
giveaway :-) but from looking at the source of the mozilla demo, the only SVG
is the rendering of the circle and triangle to make the "play" button.

                Shame that it didn't work in Safari... I suppose one thing
Flash has in its favour is that it works across all common browsers... :-/

                Brendan.