Ian Forrester wrote:
http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2010/01/is-the-world-ready-for-the-successor-of-the-mp3/

This is meant to make music piricay less tempting, so they say.

There's an off-putting quote in this report about it:

"We can deliver a file that is extremely searchable and can carry
> up to 32GB of extra information in the file itself. And it will be
> dynamically updatable so that every time the user is connected,
> his file will be updated."

Uh-oh.  There goes my bandwidth if I start iTunes and it decides
to check and update my 12,000 tracks.

Never mind the potential for more Kindle-1984 scenarios.
--
Frank Wales [fr...@limov.com]