> >> That wasn't the first time the poor old dears got "IP" and
> "IP" mixed
> >> up, I heard it on @R4Today some days ago.  Shows a lot about where
> >> their minds are.
> > Yes, but what happens when they debate other technical issues?
> > Medical, military, etc. None of us are experts in all fields....
>
> None of us are setting government policy, influencing public
> opintion or writing laws in the fields we're inexpert in,
> though.  I hope.

Whilst watching the DEB proceedings, I felt the urge to have some kind of
big red button on my table connected to a massive klaxon and a laser display
board just above the Speaker's Chair. So much waffle and
intervention/counter-intervention not much was actually said that was
sensible, relevant and concise. Oh well, democracy in action... I only wish
I could vote 'out of constituency' as such so I could place my local
government vote for one of the clueful MPs. I'm stuck with Gisela Stuart and
Clare Short :(