On 2017-12-18 02:11, Marc Gilliatt wrote:
This has failed yet again. And its because it's trying to backup
\System Volume Information\

 I do not know how to stop backuppc from not backing up this
directory? I've tried excluding the directory, and then only included
the directories that I want backing up.

 I'm not sure on what do next?

 I really need this SMB share backing up through backuppc.

 Any ideas, please?

Could we move this to backuppc-users?

The next step is probably to post the relevant portions of your config.pl (most likely, the machine-specific config with the includes and excludes) so that you can obtain help in debugging it. There's a very high chance that there's a simple logical error that's causing BackupPC to interpret the exclusions (or inclusions) differently than you're expecting.

Also quite helpful: the resulting command line (it will be smbclient for SMB/CIFS transports) since this tells us how BackupPC, ultimately, has interpreted your config files.