-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Les Stott
Sent: November 11, 2007 5:28 PM
To: backuppc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup failed with error can't
findCompress::Zlib

Ed Burgstaler wrote:
> It appears that the YUM update upgrade my perl version as indicated in
> log file ....
>
> "*Nov 09 04:47:04 Updated: perl.x86_64 3:5.8.5-36.el4_5.2*"
>
> If I go to CPAN to install Archive::Zip and Compress::Zlib ... both
> fail with
>
> Failed 8/10 test scripts, 20.00% okay. 3/3 subtests failed, 0.00% okay.
> make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255
>   /usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
> Running make install
>   make test had returned bad status, won't install without force
>
> I assume this must be due to the newer version of perl? Any
> suggestions ...

 From above it looks like you're running RHEL4 x86_64.

3rd party repos like Dag Wieers (http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/) or ATrpms
(http://atrpms.net) contain a lot of extra pre-built rpms for 3rd party
tools. All the rpms are usually called perl-<Module-Name>. i.e.
perl-Compress-Zlib

Set yourself up for these repos and then install using rpms instead of cpan.
You should be able to get things sorted using compatible rpms.

Regards,

Les