What I did was to include the .gvfs in the exclude dirs, but it did not work with /home/magnus/.gvfs, but finally with ./magnus/.gvfs. Which makes me curious about your exclude-list, that utilizes the full paths, despite the -C $shareName that would make all paths relative to $shareName, or do I misunderstand it?

Best,

Magnus

On 2013-01-30 03:59, entilza wrote:
Last summer when I was setting this up I could have swore I was getting these
512 errors.  Here is my config for my tar backup setup:

Note the small changes.   Good luck.  Check out the filelist.

# Local server backup of /etc as user backuppc
#
$Conf{XferMethod} = 'tar';

$Conf{TarShareName} = [
   '/'
];

$Conf{TarClientCmd} = '/usr/bin/env LC_ALL=C sudo $tarPath -c -v -f - -C
$shareName --totals';

# remove extra shell escapes ($fileList+ etc.) that are
# needed for remote backups but may break local ones
$Conf{TarFullArgs} = '$fileList';
$Conf{TarIncrArgs} = '--newer=$incrDate $fileList';
$Conf{TarClientRestoreCmd} = '/usr/bin/env LC_ALL=C sudo $tarPath -x -p
--numeric-owner --same-owner -v -f - -C $shareName+';

$Conf{IncrKeepCnt} = '10';
$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
   '/' => [
     'gamma',