On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 11:16 AM, Gandalf Corvotempesta
<gandalf.corvotempe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> BackupPC's retention rules are not necessarily the easiest to understand.
>> Your proposed schedule would result in having only 7 days of backups, which
>> is probably not what you want.
>
> Yes, only 7 days of backups is what I want.
> I don't have enough space on this backup server, thus I need to keep a
> low retention
>
> Something like your example is OK for me, but with only 7 days of backups.

Unless you have a huge turnover in data, keeping more backups will not
take a lot more space on the server.  There is only one copy kept of
each unique file, no matter how many backups you keep.  And, since it
is compressed it will take less space than the original copy.
That's kind of the point of using backuppc.

      lesmikes...@gmail.com