From: Craig Barratt via BackupPC-users <backuppc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2020 5:43 PM
To: General list for user discussion, questions and support
<backuppc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Cc: Craig Barratt <cbarr...@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] [BackupPC-devel] BackupPC 4.4.0 released

You can install the perl module Module::Path to find the path for a module.

After installing, do this:
perl -e 'use Module::Path "module_path";
print(module_path("BackupPC::XS")."\n");'

Example output:
/usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.26.1/BackupPC/XS.pm

Now try as root and the BackupPC user to see the difference.  Does the BackupPC
user have permission to access the version root uses?

You can also print the module search path with:
perl -e 'print join("\n", @INC),"\n"'

Does that differ between root and the BackupPC user?

Craig

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 9:48 AM Les Mikesell
<lesmikes...@gmail.com<mailto:lesmikes...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> The system got itself into this state from a standard yum update.

That's why you want to stick to all packaged modules whenever
possible.   Over time, dependencies can change and the packaged
versions will update together.  You can probably update a cpan module
to the correct version manually but you need to track all the version
dependencies yourself.   There are some different approaches to
removing modules: https://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=1134981