Hello,

  I am using BackupPC for years, but after update to v4 (4.4.0), some
backups have inconsistent size dislayed in "File Size/Count Reuse Summary"
table.

  This is my servers directory, which should be in backup:

Filesystem                 Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/md0                   4.0G  3.0G  1.1G  75% /
/dev/mapper/vg_server-www  200G  119G   82G  60% /var/www

There is no other filesystem mounted, binded to this directory.

It's complete size is 200 GB, used only 118 GB. Some files are excluded from
backup, so an full backup should be about 120 GB uncompressed, after
compression less. But our File Size table looks like:

              Totals            Existing Files             New Files
Backup# Type  #Files  Size/MiB  MiB/sec  #Files  Size/MiB  #Files Size/MiB
0       full  3220584 943488.6  26.86    2625461 872577.7  1232   537.4

As you see, this backup total size is 921 GiB. How it's possible, that
an 200 GB partition is stored as 900 GB?
Also according to i-nodes in linux, my server has:

Filesystem                   Inodes   IUsed     IFree IUse% Mounted on
/dev/md0                    4194240   51082   4143158    2% /
/dev/mapper/vg_fusion-www 209715200 2470434 207244766    2% /var/www

So there is 2.5 millions of files, some excluded, but results as 3.2 millions
on backup.

Trying to restore files. Restore downloaded a 68GB tar package.
This looks to be real, but if there are only 70 GB of data, why on backuppc
status it's displayed as 900 GB?

I need to find, which server is using most of my backup space.
I know, that it's hard to find, because files are shared between servers
(deduplicated), but at least I can estimate it. But if there are multiples
of usage displayed in statistics, then it's impossible to aproximate.

I deleted all backups of this server, in hope, that it helps, but don't. :-(

Thank for help.

                                                SAL