Hi there,

On Fri, 5 Feb 2021 Les Mikesell wrote:

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 11:05 PM <backu...@kosowsky.org> wrote:

> ... Snapshots have also saved me when I have run across the occasional
> backuppc gremlin of disappearing files in that I can find the cpool
> file and revert it from past snapshots.

Are you sure that the disappearing files aren't a quirk of btrfs in
the first place?

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Seriously, I've never seen a BackupPC file "disappear" - but are we not
in danger of missing the point that the OP is planning that this drive
will use a USB interface?

Be *very* careful with any 'modern' filesystem if you use a USB interface.
I've seen filesystems trashed by USB communication failures, and the more
'modern' the filesystem, the more irretrievable seems to be the failure.

My advice would be don't do that, unless you're comfortable with trashed
filesystems and it won't matter to you very much when it happens.

--

73,
Ged.