On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 4:01 PM Les Mikesell <lesmikes...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 2:22 PM Mike Weber
> <mike.we...@skykingfireworks.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have some switches, with no ssh smb or sshfs....
> >
> > I want to pull a config via http...
> >
> > can backuppc support http+https server pulls?
>
> If it is not worth setting up a separate backup/management system like
> rancid or oxidized
> (
> https://nsrc.org/workshops/2020/apricot/nmm/netmgmt/en/rancid/config-management-rancid.pdf
> )
> you could simply have a cron job pull copies nightly into a directory
> somewhere to be included in your other backups.   If other people edit
> them or there are frequent changes I recommend pushing them into
> subversion or cvs (perhaps editing out any timestamps inserted by the
> retrieval process so only 'real' changes will show as a new commit
> with differences) and having a viewvc wrapper to make the changes easy
> to spot.
>
> --
>    Les Mikesell
>      lesmikes...@gmail.com

No, I think rancid and oxidized are exactly what I am looking for.  I was
just looking at both of them.

Do you know if either of them support any type of alerting or reporting?
One of the key features I was looking for was notification if a config
backup failed.

I was just looking (from the rancid wikipedia page) it looks like OpenNMS,
and LibreNMS use it in some manner.

Thanks for your most excellent suggestions.

Mike