Hi,

i use BackupPC on Linux with rsync since a while. One Task as a full backup with 1146496 files and 191547.2MiB of size. This takes 781.5 mins of time. The CompressLevel is setup to 9. The storage is connected via NFS. I use latest BackupPC Version on Debian x64.

I asked myself, if there is some potential to boost it up. Its also seems that rsync uses single cpu instead of multi-cpu. May its an option to split the job in smaller jobs so more rsync processes can pallel. Perhaps i should lower the compression level. But i got no idea if that makes a difference.

What are youre experiences and tipps to maby boost rsyn backups?

Thanks all

Taste