From: Niels Kristian Jensen via BackupPC-users
<backuppc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2024 22:20
To: General list for user discussion, questions and support
<backuppc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Cc: Niels Kristian Jensen <n...@internetgruppen.dk>
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backing up Windows 11

Did you try using exclude files patterns?

On Mar 11, 2024 22:41, Dave Bachmann <davebachm...@hotmail.com> wrote:
I've recently added a Windows 11 machine to a home network that is otherwise
all Linux. The single hard drive has separate CODE and DATA partitions The DATA
partition backs up easily, but I have problems with the CODE. I don't want to
waste the space required to backup all of the Windows executables, but do want
backups of \Users and possibly \ProgramData, \Program Files, and \Program Files
(x86) as well as any others that may be recommended.

I've tried a number of techniques using BackupFilesOnly that consistently backs
up files for C:\ as well as from many, but not all, of the other folders.

I know this question must have been asked many times before, but is there a
sample configuration that I can use to stop beating my head against a wall?

Thanx!