Hello Kelly,

On 04.08.21 21:14, Kelly Price wrote:
Hello
    I am having a problem getting encryption working in Bacula 11.0.5. I have looked at the problem until I am almost blind, but I don’t see a configuration error. Could someone take a look and see if it is something obvious I am missing? I apologize for the length of this post; hopefully I’ve included all the required information.

If I'm not mistaken, to use TLS, you don't have any directive to configure in 11.0.5, it is turned automatically and the password is used as the shared secret key. This is far less complex to setup. A "status dir" should display somewhere that you are connected with TLS. (same for status dir and status client).

The message written in your log seems to indicate that the DIR requires TLS and the SD doesn't have it. It is sometime a bit tricky to setup the TLS with certificates specially with hostname, the certificate might use a name, and an other name is used in the connection.

Fatal error: Authorization problem: SD "Storage daemon:storage.xxx.yyy" did not advertise required TLS support.

Maybe the compilation of the SD is incorrect (lack of support of TLS), or the configuration is not done, or you need to restart it in some way to apply your changes.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Eric