At 07:09 AM 9/26/2021, you wrote:
Okay I see. Mistyping a package on apt throws the exact same error(E: Unable to locate package ...). Since I didn't find a package that's exactly named "bacula-postgresql"(the most similiar are "bacula-common-pgsql" and "bacula-director-pgsql", as mentioned) I thought it's a typing error problem(that's usually the problem I have).

Okay I'm happy to hear that you managed it! But can it be that the command that got you running is "apt update"? "apt update" and "apt upgrade" look very similiar but do two different things, that are often used together.
I try to explain:
"apt update" updates the package-source list, to get the latest packages that are available in the repositories
"apt upgrade" takes the previously mentioned list and compares your installed packages against this list. If there are packages with a higher version number it asks you if you want to install the new packages.

I don't know how exactly they work("apt update" also displays upgradable packages and should therefore do some comparing too) but I think we can go with "apt update" gets the list, and "apt upgrade" the packages.

You can use them together in the following command, to keep your system up to date:
"apt update && apt upgrade"

Or only "apt update" to get the list and with "apt install packagename" the latest version of a given package.

If you have trouble with Linux and wrapping your head around it I can suggest the book "Linux Bible" by Christopher Negus ISBN-13:978-1119578888. Quite offensive name but good book.

No problem. I got help too and now I'm trying to give something back.

Best wishes

Sebastian

I'm sorry Sebastian - I spelled that name from memory and now I'm not sure which I actually used. (I know which I meant to use, but I may have mistyped it there, too.) Anyhow, it asked me if I wanted to apply a long list of changes and I told it to go ahead.

I don't know if I ended up mentioning it, but your "search" results and mine looked entirely different (for instance, mine didn't have any version numbers). But the package I was trying to install was listed on mine but not on yours. I don't know why the lists were so different.

I did a tiny bit of original Unix back in the '80s. I just have no idea how any of the modern stuff works or how to use any of the toolsets (like apt).

Thanks for your assistance! I'll be sure to ask here again if I run into any further problems.

Davin