On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 02:14:23PM +0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I have problem when connecting to the Director daemon.
> My hard disk type is "sata".I'm sure the password and the name are right,but
> I confuse of the option of "address",I am not sure  using the
> IP address in the "address" option is right.
>
> after i make sqlite.
> the following is my configure:
> {
> CFLAGS="-g -Wall" ./configure \
>   --sbindir=/usr/local/bacula/bin \
>   --sysconfdir=/usr/local/bacula/bin \
>   --enable-smartalloc \

>   --with-sqlite=/usr/local/bacula/depkgs/sqlite \
>   --with-working-dir=/usr/local/bacula/working \
>   --with-pid-dir=/usr/local/bacula/bin/working \
>   --with-subsys-dir=/usr/local/bacula/bin/working \

>   --with-fd-password=fd123 \
>   --with-sd-password=sd123 \
>   --with-dir-password=dir123 \
>   --enable-static-fd \
>   --enable-static-sd \
>   --enable-static-dir \
>   --enable-static-cons \
>   --enable-largefile \
>   --enable-conio
> }
> after make and make install bacula,I use default config.
> then
> " [EMAIL PROTECTED] bin]# ./bacula start
> Starting the Bacula Storage daemon
> Starting the Bacula File daemon
> Starting the Bacula Director daemon
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] bin]# ./bconsole
> Connecting to Director 192.168.40.50:9101
> 04-Jul 11:56 bconsole:  Fatal error: bnet.c:775 Unable to connect to Director
> daemon on 192.168.40.50:9101. ERR=Connection refused"
>
> Last I see the log:
> "04-Jul 11:56 backup-dir: ERROR TERMINATION at bsys.c:387
> Could not open pid file. /usr/local/bacula/bin/working/bacula-dir.9101.pid
> ERR=No such file or directory"

Well, looking at your config above, this is probably because you've
configured your working directory as /usr/local/bacula/working, but your
pid and subsys dirs as /usr/local/bacula/bin/working, which probably
doesn't exist.  Unable to find its pid directory, the director cannot
create a pid file, so cannot start, so you can't connect to it.

Allow me to suggest the collowing config changes:

--with-pid-dir=/usr/local/bacula/working
--with-subsys-dir=/usr/local/bacula/working

Or, better:

--with-working-dir=/var/bacula
--with-pid-dir=/var/bacula
--with-subsys-dir=/var/bacula

Then recompile, reinstall, start it up, and do a ps to verify that all
the daemons are actually running.  Make sure your working directory is
writeable by the user bacula runs as.

Incidentally, the hard disk type should be irrelevant.

--
 Phil Stracchino       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Mobile: 603-216-7037         Landline: 603-886-3518