Samuel Olampi wrote:
> - Incremental of every servers every night (done on a tape)
> - Differential of every servers every *hour* (yes!) (done on disks)

I suspect you have these two backwards.

> Size should not be an issue, as I have a set of more than 100 blank
> tapes. I'd like to recycle the data on the tapes after one year
> and on the disks after ten days.
>
> I have a few questions :
>
> 1) can Bacula do one part of the backup on tape (lev.0 + lev.1)
> and the other on disks (lev.2) or do all the jobs need to be run on the
> same storage device ?

This is fine.

> 2) is it possible to have all clients backuped inside the same "job" ?
> I have the same need for backup on all clients.

No, a single job backs up a single client.  But, particularly when
backing up to disk, you can run multiple jobs concurrently.

> 3) I'd like to treat my 12 disks as a "pool". These disks are no longer
> under maintenance, and if any one of them fails one day, it'd like to
> remove it and tell Bacula "this volume doesn't belong to the disk pool
> any longer". Can this be done ?

Well, yes, sort of ... the Pool doesn't contain the raw disks, normally,
but rather file Volumes created on them.  BUT .... given your scenario,
what I'd probably do is use metadevices to span or stripe those disks
into a single volume.  And frankly, if one fails, used-but-working (or
even factory reconditioned) 18GB SCA disks are pretty cheap on eBay.
FCAL slightly less so, but I don't remember off the top of my head
whether the D1000 is an SCA chassis or an FCAL chassis.  (I'm making do
with a pair of 711s, myself, in which I'm about to replace all the 9GB
disks with 36GB disks.)

--
 Phil Stracchino       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Mobile: 603-216-7037         Landline: 603-886-3518