George R. Kasica wrote:
> OK, I can do that.....with one set of questions on the Save steps and
> the Upgrade step....how do I go about those, I'm guessing upgrade
> database is the binary on the /bacula/bin directory but what am I
> copying to save it all in terms of database and Bacula??

Bacula's easy:  given your install location, just stop bacula, then:

# cp -a /root/bacula /root/bacula-1.36.3

For the database, you want to use mysqldump to dump a backup copy, then
upgrade it by running the provided database upgrade script, which will
be saved in /root/bacula/etc as update_mysql_tables_v8_to_v9 after you
'make install'.  You're going to want something similar to this to dump
your database:

/[path]/mysqldump -f --opt --password=XXXXX bacula | gzip -9 - >
/[path]/bacula.sql.gz

You should already have something similar in your
/root/bacula/etc/make_catalog_backup script (but the default script
dumps ALL databases, which for this purpose you probably don't want).

--
 Phil Stracchino       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Mobile: 603-216-7037         Landline: 603-886-3518