Jesus Salvo Jr. wrote:
> Is anyone using another mailer with bacula apart from bsmtp ??
> Is it simply a matter of replacing bsmtp with mailx in Messages directive ??

You need to replace the bsmtp command lines with something appropriate
to the mailer you're using.  Depending on the command-line arguments it
takes, that may or may not be a drop-in replacement.

For example, I use mutt for this purpose, and the default commands:

#  mailcommand = "/opt/bacula/bin/bsmtp -h smtp.caerllewys.net -f Bacula
-s \"%n \(%l\) %e\" %r"
#  operatorcommand = "/opt/bacula/bin/bsmtp -h smtp.caerllewys.net -f
Bacula -s \"Bacula: %n requires attention\" %r"

change to:

  mailcommand = "/usr/bin/mutt -F /root/.muttrc-bacula -s \"%n \(%l\)
%e\" %r"
  operatorcommand = "/usr/bin/mutt -F /root/.muttrc-bacula -s \"Bacula:
%n requires attention\" %r"

Here, the changes are as follows:

- mutt does not require the mailhost to be specified
- instead of specifying the 'From' name, with mutt I tell it to load a
.muttrc file in which the 'From' name is set.

On my system, mailx is a link to /usr/bin/mail.  You cannot just
directly plug it in to the existing commands, because it has no -h
option and -f has a different meaning than it does to bsmtp.

--
 Phil Stracchino       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Mobile: 603-216-7037         Landline: 603-886-3518