Andrei Mikhailovsky wrote:
> Hello all bacula users,
>
> I am wondering if it is possible to change the default client timeout. I
> have a few clients on remote sites that I backup once a while. The
> network connection there is a bit doggy and sometimes breaks for a
> minute or two and resumes. During this times, bacula timeouts and
> produces an error.
>
> I have two questions:
>
> 1. How can I change the default client timeout?

>From the manual, section Customizing Bacula Configuration, subsection
Client/File Daemon Configuration Resources:

SDConnectTimeout = <time-interval>
    This record defines an interval of time that the File daemon will
try to connect to the Storage daemon. The default is 30 minutes. If no
connection is made in the specified time interval, the File daemon
cancels the Job.

> 2. Is it possible to resume (from failure point) a backup job that has
> failed due to the network timeout.

No.  Once a job times out, or fails for any reason, that's it, it's
failed and cannot be resumed.  The integrity of the backed-up data set
could not be guaranteed if Bacula attempted to resume after a failure.

--
 Phil Stracchino       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Mobile: 603-216-7037         Landline: 603-886-3518