> Hello
>
> I have problem with defining a FileSet. Let's say I want to backup just
> one directory for every user in the machine. It's "c:/Documents and
> Settings/*/My Documents" where * indicates the user name. As I
> understand I have to use Options where Exclude expression is set to
> "yes" and exclude all other directories except "My Documents". I thought
> that RegexDir = "^c:/Documents and Settings/*/[^(My Documents)]" will
> do, but using Regex expression gave me an error  message that Regex is
> not available in the system.
>
> Any tips, how to solve missing regex problem or maybe I even don't need
> it and there are another way to solve my FileSet problem?
>

> Version of my bacula director - Version: 1.36.2 (28 February 2005)
>
>     Include{
>        Options{
>           RegexDir = "^c:/Documents and Settings/*/[^(My Documents)]"
>           Exclude = yes
>         }
>        File = "c:/Documents and Settings/"
>     }

I think [^(My Documents)] is wrong here anyway, because it matches any single
character not in the set of chars '(', 'M', 'y', space, 'D', etc.  There is no
regex "not" operator, so you can't create a regex that matches when a subregex
fails to match.

The trick is to include what you need and then exclude the rest,
i.e. something like this:

    Include{
       Options{
          # Include these.
          WildDir = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/My Documents"
        }
       Options{
          # Exclude everything else.
          Exclude = yes
          Wild = "c:/Documents and Settings/*/*"
        }
       File = "c:/Documents and Settings/"
    }

Note that this will include entries for the directories "c:/Documents and
Settings/" and "c:/Documents and Settings/*/" themselves, but not their
contents.  This is necessary to make Bacula look inside them to find the "My
Documents" directory.

__Martin