Luca Ferrari wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 April 2007 your cat, walking on the keyboard, wrote:
>> The media type should be the same in both dir and sd (e.g. backup_server
>> only). Now it looks for a device which does not have the media type
>> given in the director. Tell me if you need more instructions or an
>> example of a working version.
>
> Thanks! I've checked a lot of times and I didn't see the difference in the
> media type field. However, now when I run the job I got the following suspect
> message:
> Device is BLOCKED waiting for media.
> and I don't see the backup up running.....any idea about what is wrong now?
>
> Thanks,
> Luca

Nice to see your progress!

"Device is BLOCKED waiting for media" is probably related to starting a
new file, in other words bacula could need your attention if it was a
tape. Now that it's a file, you can automate this kind of action by
letting the storage do it whenever requested.

Add the following to the device and reload.
   LabelMedia = yes
   AutomaticMount = yes

These should allow bacula to start using a new device without your
intervention.

For some reason, I did not find the documentation on these. Maybe
someone else can point out this. I don't even remember where I found it
in the first place. Perhaps among the tips and tricks.

Cheers.

--
Johan Ehnberg

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]